Wikis: A Flexible Medium for Online Class Discussions
Teachers of traditionally discussion-intensive courses can have a hard time translating their classes into an online format. Most courseware has only a forum module, and those may not structurally encourage the students to interact with each other much, for example with “reply” links and threaded displays or notifications. Even with such structures, forums make it easy for students to respond only to the instructor’s starting prompt or question rather than expanding on the topic or responding to each other. One potential solution to this issue is to use wikis as the medium for class discussion.
- Online Learning 2.0: Teaching Information Management
- Three Ways to Efficiently and Effectively Support Online Learners
- Wikis: A Flexible Medium for Online Class Discussions
- Tips From the Pros: Promoting Self-Regulation in Online Courses
- How Do I Teach a Compressed Online Course?