Using Writing Assignments to Jumpstart Threaded Discussions
Tom Vilberg, psychology professor at Clarion University of Pennsylvania, had difficulty getting his introductory psychology students to engage in meaningful threaded discussions. Students' lack of subject knowledge and their inexperience as college students and online learners resulted in postings Vilberg calls "terrible and shallow."
- Using Writing Assignments to Jumpstart Threaded Discussions
- Blended Learning Design Considerations
- Study: Friends and Web-Based Exams Encourage Cheating
- 17 Tips for Successfully Including Peer Collaboration in an Online Course
- Tips from the Pros
- Moving Students Toward Autonomous Online Learning
- Are On-Site Courses as Effective as Online?