Writing Online Course Objectives
Clearly written goals and objectives serve several important functions in an online course. They provide students a “successful pathway to learning,” indicate to the instructor teaching points to hit when teaching the course, and suggest appropriate teaching and assessment methods, says Sandra Bennett, instructional designer at Wilmington University and winner of the 2013 and 2014 Blackboard Catalyst Award—Exemplary Course Instructional Designer.
- Teaching Online in Higher Education: Fostering Collaboration
- Language Arts Online: Moving Writers’ Workshops and Literature Circles to Digital Classrooms
- Online Learning 2.0: Google Drive Is Your New Best Friend
- What Causes Incivility in Online Courses, and How Can We Minimize It?
- Tips From the Pros: Improve Learning with Purposeful Redundancy
- Writing Online Course Objectives