Tips from the Pros
The minute paper is a good way of doing an informal assessment to determine whether students understand the material presented during class. Traditionally, these have been done at the end of (face-to-face) class periods individually. But Debra Vredenburg, a professor at Millersville University in Pennsylvania, uses BlackBoard to have students interactively discuss online what they learned during class.
- Planning and Facilitating Academic Discourse in Discussion Boards
- H-OEH: An Online Network to Help Bring Humanities Online
- Active Online Learning Prepares Students for the Workplace, Reflects Changing Learning Style Preferences
- Personal Relevance, Diverse Groups Encourage Discussion
- Tips from the Pros
- Planning an Online Course With a Storyboard