Effective Strategy for Providing Prompt Feedback on Writing Assignments When Teaching Courses Online
There is little argument about the importance of providing meaningful feedback to students that is timely, specific, and constructive. It is likely the most powerful tool that can be used to regularly improve performance and to promote progress (Wlodkowski, 1999). Teaching online adds the further challenge of providing these evaluations in unambiguous terms via the Internet to a potentially large number of students. Failure to offer comments on work submitted online is no different than ignoring a student's raised hand in a classroom.
- Effective Strategy for Providing Prompt Feedback on Writing Assignments When Teaching Courses Online
- Modifying Online Courses
- Creating an Active Online Learning Environment
- How Scalable is Your Online Course?
- Motivating Participation in Online Discussion
- Tips from the Pros - Save Time on Grading Essay Test Questions
- Humor Increases Student Participation in Online Courses