Ongoing Student Evaluation Essential to Course Improvement
Student evaluations are an essential source of information on how well an online course is meeting its objectives and can point to ways to improve course design and delivery. To be useful, evaluations should address each of Kirkpatrick's four levels of evaluation: reactions, learning, transfer, and results, say Doris Owens, assistant director of distance education at Midwestern State University in Texas, and Cheryl Williams, training and education coordinator at Elk Valley Rancheria, a Native American casino in California.
- Secondary Teaching Methods Online Times 3!
- Study: Changing Virtual Team Membership Improves Participation
- Ongoing Student Evaluation Essential to Course Improvement
- 5 Common Fears about Teaching Online—Fact vs. Fiction
- Tips from the Pros: Facilitate Student Collaboration
- Choosing Appropriate Online Learning Tools
- Time Management for Online Instructors