Secondary Teaching Methods Online Times 3!
I teach general and special in the secondary teacher education program at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. As the program typically enrolls 30 to 40 undergraduate and graduate students, the special methods courses for students nearing their student teaching in each content area (e.g., science, Spanish, history) are subject to very small enrollments at times. The Education Department also offers a graduate teacher education/service option that may enroll students at remote locations. Combining the dean's charge to the Education Department to staff the small enrollment courses more economically, to meet the distance learning needs of some of our students, and to continue to provide a quality course experience for all students, the department has chosen the online course offering option.
- Secondary Teaching Methods Online Times 3!
- Study: Changing Virtual Team Membership Improves Participation
- Ongoing Student Evaluation Essential to Course Improvement
- 5 Common Fears about Teaching Online—Fact vs. Fiction
- Tips from the Pros: Facilitate Student Collaboration
- Choosing Appropriate Online Learning Tools
- Time Management for Online Instructors