Media Richness and Communication in Online Education
Communicating in an online environment, especially within the confines of an institution’s learning management system (LMS) and an academic budget, often poses a challenge to even the most well-intentioned instructors. Many times we find ourselves constrained not by our imaginations or abilities but by the technological tools we have at our disposal. Given the systems in which we work, how do we select the best technological tool—the best medium—to communicate a message? One framework for answering these questions is through the lens of Media Richness Theory (MRT).
- Teaching Online with Errol: The Online Tutor—Getting Your Students to Use It
- Online Teaching Fundamentals: Making Online PowerPoint Content Engaging: How to Record Narration
- Online Learning and Service-Learning: How They Can Work Together
- Tips from the Pros: Three Rapid e-Learning Tools to Consider
- Media Richness and Communication in Online Education