Teaching Online with Errol: Live Chats: Embrace Them, Don’t Fear Them!
The online classroom live chat can be a major tool in your course that enhances student knowledge, improves student effort, increases student engagement, and strengthens student-instructor rapport. Yet too often the live chat is not usedóor not used to its full effectivenessóby instructors who are unsure of how to use it and often are somewhat fearful of going beyond the safe environment of the asynchronous online classroom. But you will find that the live chat really is quite easy to navigate and incorporate into your classóand it can also be loads of fun for you and your students.
- How to be a ‘Teaching Head’
- Teaching Online with Errol: Live Chats: Embrace Them, Don’t Fear Them!
- Online Teaching Fundamentals: Making Online PowerPoint Content Engaging: PowerPoint Hyperlinks 101
- Tips from the Pros: Reducing Instructor Workload in Discussion Forums
- Group Work, Discussion Strategies to Manage Online Instructor Workload