Tips From the Pros: Questions to Ask About Online Learner Motivation
Brett Jones, associate professor of educational psychology at Virginia Tech, recommends that instructors and course designers consider the following questions as a way to be more intentional about designing courses that motivate online learners. Each set of questions corresponds to a category within his MUSIC (empowerment, usefulness, success, interest, and caring) model of student motivation.
- Teaching Online With Errol: A Mini Guide for Maximizing Training Webinars to Become a Better Online Instructor
- Teaching Motor Skills in the Online Classroom
- Online Teaching Fundamentals: Making Online PowerPoint Content Engaging: Advanced Interactivity with ‘Engage-ment’
- Selecting Online Learning Technologies: An Interview with Tony Bates
- Tips From the Pros: Questions to Ask About Online Learner Motivation
- Five Factors that Affect Online Learning Motivation