Ideas for Active Online Learning
Heidi Beezley, instructional technologist at Georgia Perimeter College, strives to instill online courses with active learning, “providing opportunities for students to meaningfully talk and listen, write, read, and reflect on the content, ideas, issues, and concerns of an academic subject” (as defined by Meyers and Jones). To this she adds: “interact[ing] with realia, manipulatives, simulations, etc.”
- Teaching Online With Errol: Don’t Think Teaching Online Is Right for You? Think Again!
- Does Turnitin Software Prevent Plagiarism?
- Online Teaching Fundamentals: Designing Good Online Learning Activities—Analyzing the DOs
- Using Pencasts to Explain, Demonstrate, and Connect
- Tips from the Pros: Questions to Ask When Designing a Blended Course
- Ideas for Active Online Learning