Using Student Facilitators in the Online Classroom
If you’re trying to get your online learners more engaged in online discussions, consider turning over the facilitation responsibilities to your students. This approach, says Walter Woolbaugh, a professor in the master of science in teacher education at Montana State University–Bozeman, empowers students, increases participation, and improves learning.
- Teaching Online with Errol: Make 2012 a Productive New Teaching Year!
- Online Teaching Fundamentals: Designing Good Online Learning Activities—Turn DOs into Activities
- Using Student Facilitators in the Online Classroom
- Tips From the Pros: Understand the Costs Associated with Instructional Technologies
- Managing High-Enrollment Online Courses