A Three-Pronged Approach to Improving Student Engagement, Critical Thinking
Monica Rothschild-Boros, an art appreciation and cultural anthropology instructor at Orange Coast College, uses a combination of embedded lecture questions, threaded discussion, and innovative assignments to engage students and get them to think critically in her online courses.
- Teaching Online with Errol: The Most Overlooked Items That Can Help Keep Online Students Engaged
- Online Teaching Fundamentals: Designing Good Online Learning Activities—What Media Should I Use?
- Use Podcasts to Address Concepts Students Struggle With
- Tips From the Pros: Creative Uses of Discussion Boards
- A Three-Pronged Approach to Improving Student Engagement, Critical Thinking