Tips From the Pros: Creative Uses of Discussion Boards
Are you having trouble getting students to participate in online discussions? Consider using other types of prompts in addition to the typical open-ended question. Maria Ammar, assistant English professor at Frederick Community College, uses the following prompts in her English as a second language course and recommends them for other types of courses.
- Teaching Online with Errol: The Most Overlooked Items That Can Help Keep Online Students Engaged
- Online Teaching Fundamentals: Designing Good Online Learning Activities—What Media Should I Use?
- Use Podcasts to Address Concepts Students Struggle With
- Tips From the Pros: Creative Uses of Discussion Boards
- A Three-Pronged Approach to Improving Student Engagement, Critical Thinking