Online Teaching Fundamentals: Designing and Teaching with Returning Adults in Mind, Part 2
Last month I began to discuss adult students who are returning to school to upgrade their qualifications and the things you can do to help them be as successful as possible. It’s always important to help students be successful, of course, but with returning adults, success often seems more elusive for a variety of reasons. They often have a hard time fitting schooling in with other life demands (including family obligations and work). In addition, many adult students are worried about their abilities as students and about learning in an online environment.
- Teaching Online WIth Errol: An Online Educator Must: Creating the Perfect PowerPoint!
- Online Teaching Fundamentals: Designing and Teaching with Returning Adults in Mind, Part 2
- How Does Temperament Affect Online Learner Success and Retention?
- Tips From the Pros: Frequent Low-Stakes Grading
- Support Goes a Long Way in Encouraging Critical Thinking in Online Class Discussions