Teaching Online WIth Errol: The Online Instructor
Teaching any online class is time-consuming and can be a juggling act. The instructor must keep students engaged and motivated, adhere to a variety of deadlines, quickly answer all student emails and postings, react to in-class "emergencies," stay on top of all school policies, and teach the subject in an easy-to-understand manner—while remaining a patient, upbeat, and constant presence through it all. This is no easy task, and while we each have developed approaches to help us, there is one often underused "tool" that online instructors can employ: the students in one's course.
Already have a subscription?
Get a subscription for Online Classroom to read more!
- A Learner-Centered, Emotionally Engaging Approach to Online Learning
- Online Teaching Fundamentals: What Really Happened? Pump Up Your Online Courses, Part 8
- Teaching Online Science Courses by Using a Combination of Simulations, At-Home �Wet
- Teaching Online WIth Errol: The Online Instructor
- Tips from the Pros - Use Message Prompts to Promote Deeper Discussion
- USC Goes Beyond Text with its Innovative Online Graduate Education Program