Personalized Learning in the Online Classroom
Written by: Rob Kelly
The online learning environment enables students to be creators of knowledge, not merely consumers of it. It’s a paradigm shift for some, particularly for adult learners. On the one hand they have expertise and insights from their professional lives that can add so much to a course. On the other hand, they may not have the mind-set of younger students who are comfortable using Web 2.0 tools to create online content.
Already have a subscription?
Get a subscription for Online Classroom to read more!
- Discussion Board Assignments: Alternatives to the Question-and-Answer Format
- Extent of Faculty Involvement in Discussion Boards
- Personalized Learning in the Online Classroom
- Teaching Online With Errol: Teaching Online: It Can Be Great Therapy If Done Smartly!
- Tips from the Pros: Ensure Learning Flexibility
- Use Action Research to Improve Your Online Course