Online Growth Rate Slows to 10-Year Low: Are We Approaching a Plateau?
Written by: Jennifer Patterson Lorenzetti
Since 2003, an annual Sloan-C survey has shown distance education growing at a faster rate than traditional higher education. The rate of that growth, however, has slowed in the past few years. And more than a fifth of CAOs report that online education is not significantly represented in their institutions' formal strategic plans, even though they believe that online education is a critical part of their institutions' long-term strategies.
Already have a subscription?
Get a subscription for Recruitment & Retention to read more!
- 10 Student Recruitment Tips for Department Chairs
- Helping Students Understand the Financial Implications of Their Enrollment Choices
- Online Growth Rate Slows to 10-Year Low: Are We Approaching a Plateau?
- Responding to the Student Market without Corporatizing the Institution
- What We Know about Developmental Education Reform