Social Media in Recruitment and Retention: What One University Learned
Written by: Therese Kattner
In March 2009, Davenport University in Michigan hired one person to coordinate all the university’s social media efforts. Sasha Wolff VanderLugt maintains Davenport’s Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, YouTube, and MySpace accounts—more than 30 accounts in all. During her time as Davenport’s social media coordinator, VanderLugt says, she has learned the following lessons.
Already have a subscription?
Get a subscription for Recruitment & Retention to read more!
- Allocating Resources Based on Your Organization’s Values: Seven Key Steps
- Enrollment Management in Rapidly Changing Times: What Research Tells Us
- Handling Staff and Student Complaints
- How to Avoid Common Assessment-Reporting Pitfalls
- Social Media in Recruitment and Retention: What One University Learned