Voucher Points Encourage Student Involvement
I happened on the idea of giving voucher points accidentally. A number of years ago while I was still teaching math in high school, a student came up with a particularly clever method of solving a mathematics problem. As a reward, I wrote him an IOU good for one point on any of my tests.
Already have a subscription?
Get a subscription for The Teaching Professor to read more!
- A ‘Write' That Can't Go Wrong
- Approaches to Teacher Growth and Development
- Course Shopping
- Faculty-Student Interactions: The Details
- Students and Course Content: How Fast Do They Forget?
- Students Self-Grade: A Successful Model
- Ten Things to Make the First Day (and the Rest) of the Semester Successful
- Voucher Points Encourage Student Involvement
- What Are They Doing Over There in the English Department?