How Do I Use VoiceThread for Online Student Discussion?
VoiceThread online technology allows educators to host secure conversations using media that include videos, images or presentations. Students can now post comments within a lecture itself. An expert in distance education program development, discusses how VoiceThread can add a whole new element of interaction to an online course.
Learn how to use VoiceThread to help online student interact
A longstanding weakness of your online courses has been that discussion typically has been separated from the lecture.
As a result, you students have been forced to view online presentations in their entirety before posting discussion questions.
However, with the availability of VoiceThread, technology that allows educators to host secure conversations using media that include videos, images or presentations, students can now post comments within a lecture itself.
In this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, John Orlando, Ph.D., an expert in distance education program development, discusses with you how VoiceThread can add a whole new element of interaction to an online course.
After viewing you will:
- Understand how VoiceThread helps teachers overcome a major handicap of online education and greatly increase student involvement in online learning.
- Learn how to develop and deliver an online presentation that allows students to embed comments within the lecture.
- Learn about the experiences of a teacher who is currently using VoiceThread in her class.
This professional development program focusing on the use of technology in online courses also includes supplemental materials that feature computer screenshots on how to set up an account at voicethread.com and how to create a Voice Thread.
At the conclusion of this program, you will be able to:
- Use VoiceThread to deliver your lectures to students online.
- Create lectures that foster student discussion.
- Guide students in using VoiceThread technology to post comments to lectures.
- Recognize which types of content work best in the interactive lecture environment.
Make this online course facilitation program available for ongoing training
Order the Campus Access License and load the CD content onto your institution’s internal web site for unlimited, convenient, on-demand access for all members of your campus community.
Product Code: PM09LA
John Orlando, Ph.D., is the Associate Director of the Faculty Resource Center at Northcentral University. He is also the Editor of Online Classroom Newsletter. John has published over 50 articles and delivered over 40 presentations and keynotes on online education, teaching with technology, and social media.
He previously served as the Instructional Resource Manager of Norwich University’s School of Graduate Studies, the eLearning Training Director at National Life Group, as well as for Employee Development Director at Vertek Corporation in Colchester, Vermont.
See product details for pricing.
$99 - CD
$49 - On-Demand
$99 - CD
$49 - On-Demand