How Do I Get Started with Service-Learning?
Develop an engaging service-learning syllabus
If you’re looking for guidance in integrating service-learning into a new face-to-face course or an existing one, you find it in How Do I Get Started with Service-Learning?, a Magna 20-Minute Mentor.
Fast-paced and focused, this professional development program provides valuable insights on everything you need to develop an engaging service-learning syllabus in your discipline.
At the end of this Magna 20-Minute Mentor you’ll know:
- The benefits of service-learning
- How you can develop a service-learning course syllabus
- How to combine the service experience with academic content
- How you manage the operational details
In How Do I Get Started with Service-Learning?, the program presenter explains:
- Service-learning’s core principles of reflection and reciprocity
- How service-learning benefits students and communities alike
- How you can incorporate it into virtually any discipline
- How to develop community partnerships
- How you can assess student and community outcomes
- How you successfully manage the logistics of service-learning, from transportation to training to risk management
Order How Do I Get Started with Service-Learning? now and learn how you can successfully manage the logistics of service-learning, from transportation to training to risk management.
Make this program available for ongoing training. Order the Campus Access License and load the CD content onto your institution’s internal web site for unlimited, convenient, on-demand access for all members of your campus community.
Product Code: PM10DA