Change Management 3-pack
Change is challenging, but it’s not impossible. These three 20-Minute Mentor programs reveal just how possible it is to improve things on campus when you have the right plan and the right team. It gives you the information, insight, and strategies you need to confidently and successfully launch and lead a change campaign.
Get unstuck with a change management 3-pack
We’ve all struggled with systems that aren’t working or projects that wither after hitting a dead end. We look to our supervisors and administrators to respond, but they don’t. We try to do things on our own, but we can’t get any traction or support. It’s easy to feel stuck and eventually give up.
It might not feel like it sometimes, but change isn’t always impossible. If you want to have more success making improvements to your work or your campus, you might want to try changing your approach.
The new Magna Change Management 3-packis a smart place to start. This series of three Magna 20-Minute Mentors lays out a smart, proven strategy for planning, launching, and leading a successful change effort.
The three videos take you through change planning, team-building, and execution. With methodologies grounded in research and proven on campuses, this series is exactly what you need to launch a successful change at your institution.
These programs are included:
- How Can I Create a Sense of Urgency for Change? presents a proven methodology for building a solid foundation for any change effort. It boils things down to timing and team. First you will learn how to make a case for this change at this time. Then you will learn how to build a team that can champion your change effort.
- How Can I Identify and Overcome Obstacles to Change? shows you how to identify the obstacles in your path so you can incorporate strategies for overcoming them into your plan. You’ll see how training is key before, during, and after your change effort. A smaller knowledge gap means much less resistance to change.
- How Can I Build Momentum for Change with Short-Term Wins? shows you how to demonstrate (and why you should celebrate) your early successes to keep constituents engaged and supportive. Big change takes time. When you break down the process into smaller increments and prove that you’re on the right track, you’ll help everyone see where you’re headed and feel confident that you’ll get there.
This series of short but hardworking programs will give you proven change strategies and the confidence to implement them.
Change is a process and it is work, but it can be inspiring instead of frightening and motivating instead of paralyzing. It just takes the right approach, the right team, and the right timing—and you’ll learn about all three in this series.
Product Code: OM15DA
Efficient and flexible, this is training designed by educators who understand the challenges you face and the demands on your time. Begin when you’re ready, and then view the three concise 20-minute videos at your own convenience and pace.
Once you do, you’ll realize that the Change Management 3-pack will give you the insight and the confidence you need to make improvements, and make a difference in your work.
After viewing these three sessions, you’ll be able to:
- Seize the opportunity to implement a change
- Identify different ways to build urgency for change and select the method most appropriate for the change you want to effect
- Build a team that contains all the skill sets and characteristics you will need for your effort, and then set that team in motion
- Identify potential barriers and work to remove them before launching your change effort
- Determine whether you need to train faculty or staff prior to, during, or after your change effort to ensure success
- Assess departmental or campus systems and align them with your change goals
- Revise or scale back change plans when necessary
- Seize opportunities to use short-term wins to prove success and build momentum
- Plan for short-term wins and build that plan into your overall change effort
- Demonstrate short-term wins to various constituent groups
- Use short-term wins to build momentum to maintain or even accelerate your change effort
The Change Management 3-pack is a convenient way to learn essential change-management skills. Each program is just 20 minutes long, yet packed with useful information and practical advice. And to help you implement what you’ve learned, you’ll also receive a variety of supplemental materials and recommended resources.
You don’t have to wait for change to come. You can make it happen when you subscribe today!
Lynn Gillette, Ph.D., is the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs at Nicholls State University. He is also the former president of Sierra Nevada College in Incline Village, Nevada. During his time as provost and president, he led the college to unprecedented financial stability, increased retention and graduation rates, and increased undergraduate enrollment to record highs. He has spearheaded efforts to increase academic rigor, academic excellence, and innovation, as well as, championing the use of the flipped classroom, active learning, undergraduate research, and the scholarship of teaching.
He has received 13 awards for outstanding teaching and given over fifty presentations at professional conferences on institutional effectiveness, change management, teaching excellence and innovation, and active learning. He is also a graduate of the Management Development Program at Harvard University.
Watch this program for FREE with a subscription to 20-Minute Mentor Commons
20-Minute Mentor Commons is a digital library of all of our 20-minute programsincluding this oneat a low annual subscription price.
If you were to purchase all of our 20-Minute Mentors programs on CD, and make them available to everyone on your campus, the price would be astronomicalmore than $30,000!
No individual, or institution, should have to pay that much for professional development.
20-Minute Mentor Commons eliminates the high cost of delivering high-quality professional development to your entire campus. Plus, you and your faculty will have access to 20-Minute Mentor Commons on any device with an Internet connection available.
This on-demand collection of targeted faculty development offers solutions to common challengesin just 20 minutes!
A subscription gives your entire campus on-demand access to all 20-Minute Mentor programs, even if faculty is off campus. Faculty and staff can watch these programs when and where it is convenient for them. And with a running time of just 20 minutes each, professional development can fit even the busiest of schedules.
Would you like to start watching this program immediately? Purchase a subscription to 20-Minute Mentor Commons, and you can watch this programalong with the entire catalog of programsfor just $1,897.
P.S. Not ready to buy just yet? Request a free trial, and start experiencing all 20-Minute Mentor Commons has to offer.
A subscription to 20-Minute Mentor Commons includes access to 150+ programs, categorized in 32 categories.
Each program includes:
- Video Presentation
- Note-Taking Guide
- Supplemental Materials
- Discussion Guide
- Certificate of Completion
These programs pack an impressive amount of practical information into a concentrated format. They're brief enough to fit busy schedules, but long enough to deliver valuable, actionable content.
Benefits of 20-Minute Mentor Commons
- Online and on-demand access from any computer with an Internet connection
- Targeted fast, focused solutions that instructors can use immediately
- Campus-wide all faculty members can access all programs for an entire year
- Flexible Watch seminars at home, at work, in a group, on a tablet, or even on a phone
- Accessible transcript included for each program
Make a Case for Funding
Budgets for faculty development can be tight. Let us help you make a case for funding with a customizable letter for your dean, chair, or faculty development center.
Request a Free Trial
Experience all the features of 20-Minute Mentor Commons with a free fourteen-day trial. Once your request has been approved, you will have full access for two weeks
In the free trial, explore the vast array of programs and topics available by watching as many presentations as you like. You will also have access to the note-taking guides, transcripts, discussion guide, certificates of completion, and supplemental materials.
See product details for pricing.
$249 - CD
$300 - Campus Access License
$99 - CD
$49 - On-Demand