Communication in Teaching 3 Pack
Educators can influence the way students learn and deal with the course material through communication. These three programs identify the behaviors, strategies, and communication signals for connecting with your students and boosting their classroom comprehension.
Use these communication skills to improve performance
Being well informed in your subject area is only one part of your role as an educator today; to foster a climate that is conducive to learning, you also need polished communication skills.
With a sharp skill set, you can motivate your students to deeply engage with the course material, facilitate the learning process, and interact in constructive ways.
Communicating effectively and efficiently will actually make your job smoother and more satisfying because students will be more responsive to your instruction.
Learn the key strategies for communicating with your students and making your classroom a dynamic learning environment by modeling the experiences of fellow educators. The subjects explored in the Communication in Teaching 3 Pack are:
- How Can I Avoid Communication “Misfires” with Students? explains how educators can minimize the unintentional communication errors that interfere with learning.
- How Can I Communicate to Engage Students and Encourage Learning? shows the communication behaviors that inspire students to commit to their coursework and acquire a deeper understanding of the subject you’re teaching.
- What Is the Role of Communication In Teaching Excellence? reveals how to foster a communication climate that supports student achievement.
This dynamic and conversational series arms you with techniques to create conditions for vigorous learning in which students naturally want to interact with you and the material.
Individually, these programs sell for $99 each. By purchasing the 3-pack, you will save nearly $50.
See how making simple but fundamental changes in your communication methods can result in a more rewarding learning environment for both you and your students.
Product Code: PM16CA
This series of three Magna 20-Minute Mentors covers communication behaviors for educators who want to set standards of excellence and help students become better learners and engage with the content more deeply.
These presentations identify communication behaviors to avoid and others to emulate.
Students will not only become better learners; they will view you more favorably as well, which will affect how they interact with you and rate you and whether they come to class with positive learning attitudes.
Each 20-minute video from Magna Publications can be viewed conveniently at your own pace and on your own schedule. After just a few minutes of watching, it will become clear that the Communication in Teaching 3 Pack can boost performance for both you and your students.
Once you view these three sessions, you’ll be able to:
- Position yourself as approachable and open to students without giving up control
- Take unpopular positions without alienating students
- Become a more charismatic teacher and lecturer
- Sharpen nonverbal skills that can spur student learning
- Protect your credibility when your students disagree with your actions
- Learn immediacy skills that motivate student commitment
- Become more proficient in both online and in-person communication situations
- Communicate more effectively in out-of-class interactions with students
- Set a classroom climate that spurs student motivation and engagement
- Learn ways to assert your power and leadership in prosocial ways
- Use clarity, credibility, and caring to promote positive learning outcomes
- Show the relevance of course content to students’ lives and their futures
Becoming more effective at communicating with your students in order to further their educational development and maturity is the aim of the Communication in Teaching 3 Pack
At just 20 minutes per video, you’ll be able to easily watch and absorb these lessons in a time-saving manner, and the additional resources and supplemental material that come with the series will enhance your viewing.
Discover the keys to great classroom communication and turn the learning experience into something more rewarding for you and your students!
Associate Professor of Communication Studies and Strategic/Corporate Communication at Chapman University in Orange County, CA, where she serves on the faculty of the M.S. program in Health & Strategic Communication.
Waldeck’s primary research interest is communication in learning. She also studies business and professional communication, new and social media, leadership, and organizational communication and development. She has published or presented over 100 academic papers in peer-reviewed journals and at professional conferences, and has received numerous "Top Paper" awards for her research.
See product details for pricing.
$249 - CD
$300 - Campus Access License
$99 - CD
$49 - On-Demand