How Can I Get Started With the Virtual Classroom?
Virtual Classroom Teaching Tips
Data shows that more than 6.1 million students have taken at least one online course and the number of students and professors involved in online education keeps growing.
Yet no matter how experienced an educator you are, teaching online requires shifts in your approach.
How Can I Get Started With the Virtual Classroom? gives you the instructional and logistical perspectives you need to succeed in cyberspace.
The program presenter draws on her experience as an adjunct professor at Arizona State University and as a communications consultant to show you the ins and outs of teaching in a virtual college classroom.
Practical and to the point, like all Magna 20-Minute Mentors, How Can I Get Started With the Virtual Classroom? walks you through the conceptual and practical process of establishing a new online course.
The video content is combined with extremely helpful handouts and checklists to further your learning.
Starting with a clarification of terms, you’ll see how the synchronous environment of the online classroom lends itself to using other media to draw students in.
In this fast and focused online course design program, you will explore:
- Using audio, video, text, polling questions, whiteboards, and other applications to engage students
- Planning online classes with a rule of thumb designed to enhance student involvement
- The importance of setting expectations for student participation
- What it takes to make your online presentations compelling
- A checklist covering what to do before, during, and after your course
You’ll come away from this session with:
- A deeper understanding of how to use online teaching to achieve learning objectives
- Knowledge of the multiple channels available to strengthen student connection to course material
- A framework for planning and presenting course content online
- Interactive techniques to increase student engagement
Teaching online requires shifts in your approach. We give you the instructional and logistical perspectives to succeed in the virtual classroom in this program. Order now.
Produce Code: PM12LA