How Can I Promote Deep Learning through Critical Reflection?
From time to time, we look out across a classroom or lecture hall and wonder, “Is any of this sinking in?”
You all know that mere passive absorption of information is a poor way of learning.
Students should be receiving information, reflecting on it, questioning it, testing it, applying it … really understanding it. Learning deeply, in other words.
Which pedagogical practices will promote that sort of learning?
One is critical reflection, and you can hear about it in this insight-filled Magna 20-Minute Mentor, How Can I Promote Deep Learning through Critical Reflection?
When you’ve completed viewing, you’ll be able to use the presented teaching strategies to:
- Help students develop a deep and nuanced understanding of complex issues
- Engage them in considering multiple perspectives
- Strengthen their critical-thinking ability
Without deep learning, your students can come away from courses with misunderstandings and oversimplified views of complex issues.
In How Can I Promote Deep Learning through Critical Reflection?, you will learn:
- The process of critical reflection and its impact on learning
- How to design critical reflection exercises that achieve desired learning outcomes
- Examples of how critical reflection works in courses in various disciplines
- Modes of reflection, including oral and written communication, activities, and media
- How you can assess and grade students on critical reflection
Purchase How Can I Promote Deep Learning through Critical Reflection today and learn how the process of critical reflection is a reliable way to deepen the learning experience.
Product Code: PM10CA