How Do I Create a Successful Faculty Mentoring Program?
If it takes a village to raise a child, what does it take to develop a new faculty member?
How about a mentoring program?
Learn how you can establish and run a top-notch mentoring program in How Do I Create a Successful Faculty Mentoring Program?, a Magna 20-Minute Mentor.
This concise and content-rich program covers the principles, practices, and resources you need to know to welcome new faculty members and set them up for success—a process some call “onboarding.”
Effective integration of new staff increases retention and cuts hiring costs, saving them time and money down the road.
Mentoring programs don’t lend themselves to cookie-cutter solutions. Your presenters emphasize an individualized approach that will help you create a mentoring mosaic tailored to your needs.
After watching this program, you’ll be able to:
- Explain to administrators, donors, and faculty how allocating campus resources to mentoring programs will benefit your institution
- Employ best practices when designing or revising a mentoring program
- Use additional resources to keep improving your mentoring program as it evolves
Whether you’re looking to upgrade an existing mentoring program or start a new one from scratch, there’s no need to reinvent the wheel.
You can assemble a mentoring mosaic instead.
In How Do I Create a Successful Faculty Mentoring Program?, the presenters will show you the different sides of six essential decisions underlying development of an effective program:
- Finding the appropriate balance between formal and informal mentoring activities
- Determining whether mentoring will be conducted one to one or one to many
- Choosing to make participation in mentoring programs mandatory or optional
- Agreeing on incentive levels—if any will be used—for mentors and mentees
- Selecting appropriate subsets if less than the entire faculty will be involved
- Selecting a single mentor or team approach to cover the different areas of faculty responsibility
This is a reality-based program, including practical information on whom you need to secure buy-in from, and how to get it.
You’ll also learn the dos and don’ts of program implementation and get tips on how to manage upper-level expectations. You’ll even get an example of a formal mentoring program plan in the many helpful supplemental materials accompanying this presentation.
If you shoulder any responsibility for the welfare and achievement levels of junior faculty, How Do I Create a Successful Faculty Mentoring Program? is for you.
This program will help administrators and directors at public and private colleges and universities understand how to establish a mentoring program or take an existing program to a higher level.
You’ll also learn the key steps you need to follow to get your program or improvements off and running and gain insight into how to manage the public relations aspects of program initiatives.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to enhance faculty development—order today!
Product Code: OM13EA