How Do I Stay Calm When Students Push My Buttons?
How to handle classroom bully behavior
Students arenít always perfect.
Sometimes they can be downright rude, arrogant, and insulting.
How do you, as an instructor, keep your cool when your students are clambering on your LAST NERVE?
The program presenter shares his approach in How Do I Stay Calm When Students Push My Buttons?, a Magna 20-Minute Mentor session.
College studentsí behavior can be rude, arrogant, and insulting at times.†This timely and targeted session will help you develop reasonable responses to students with unreasonable behavior.
At the conclusion of this classroom management program you will:
- Know the importance of setting behavioral expectations in your syllabus
- Be prepared to stay calm when dealing with difficult behavior
- Understand why aggressive or sarcastic responses are not helpful
- Be aware of how a studentís motivation can influence behavior
- Appreciate the importance of listening to students
- Implement the five steps of the universal approach to handling button-pushing events
We help you develop reasonable responses to students with unreasonable expectations or behavior.
†After watching this focused 20 Minute program, you will understand:
- The most important thing not to do
- Techniques to keep your classroom management options open
- How thinking like a detective can help you deal with problematic student behavior
- Tips for engaging in positive conversation, even with negative students
- A universal approach to handling button-pushing events
We include a role-playing demonstration, with the presenter demonstrating both ineffective and effective ways of handling conflict with a "typical" college student.
Order How Do I Stay Calm When Students Push My Buttons? now and learn to keep your cool and handle any situation with a level head.
Make this program available for ongoing training. Order the Campus Access License and load the CD content onto your institutionís internal website for unlimited, convenient, on-demand access for all members of your campus community.
Product Code: PM12PA