New Online Instructors 2 Pack
Developing instructor presence for new online faculty
They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, but that’s not always true, especially in online courses.
It may seem counterintuitive, but in these days of asynchronous classes and long-distance education, instructor presence is more important than ever. But how do you strengthen your connection with students when you might not even be in the same time zone? Find out in the New Online Instructors 2 Pack. It includes the following presentations:
- How Can I Develop Online Instructor Presence?
Learn step-by-step guidelines for establishing an instructor presence in your online classes. Identify the things you want to share with your class and create a strategy for expressing your persona throughout the semester.\
- How Can I Keep Students Engaged with Instructor Presence?
Explore the importance of faculty presence for student success in distance education. Learn how to analyze, evaluate, and improve your level of instructor presence in your courses
You might not realize it, but your students are checking every detail of your online courses, from the fonts and visual images on the course website to your policy on late assignments, to determine what kind of person you are and the sort of instructor you’ll be.
These presentations will show you how to jumpstart your online classes and keep students engaged by making a vibrant teaching presence part of your course design. You’ll see how your presence can shape students’ behavior and enhance their educational experience. Here’s some of what you’ll learn:
- Three key steps to establishing a positive presence in an online class
- Multiple methods for sharing your persona throughout the course
- Techniques for analyzing and improving your level of instructor presence
- Guidelines for using feedback to strengthen your online course community
- Analyze and adapt your online course design to enhance faculty presence
- Identify practical techniques and strategies to express your teaching persona throughout your course
- Assess student attitudes towards teacher presence
- Construct community in your online courses
Just like a stand-up comic facing a tough crowd, without the face-to-face interaction of the traditional classroom, it can be tough for new online faculty to tell if they’re getting through to students, and vice versa.
That’s why it’s so important for online faculty to establish a vibrant online persona, even before their classes start. Letting students know from the beginning that you’re there and you care helps turn your online course into a genuine learning community. The New Online Instructors 2 Pack is chock full of proven and practical tips and insights to help you engage with students.
The presenters bring their presentations to life with vivid examples of authentic student interaction. Drawing from their own extensive experience, they’ll discuss the ins and outs of assembling an online profile, defining assignment schedules, and coaching students in appropriate feedback techniques. After viewing, you will be able to:
- Identify your teaching persona in three steps
- Develop and implement a strategy to enhance student engagement
- Evaluate and improve your teaching presence
- Model engaged class participation
- Help your online students develop “grit”
The New Online Instructors 2 Pack is designed to help faculty new to online education. This unique professional development opportunity will show faculty how to establish and make the most of their teaching personas in their online classrooms.
After participating in these presentations, you will be walking away with supplementary materials, including checklists, questionnaires, information packets, and a bibliography, that will help you put your new knowledge to work right away.
Discover how you can be the kind of online instructor you want to be. Order the New Online Instructors 2 Pack today to start enhancing your students’ online education experience!
Individually, these programs sell for $99 each. By purchasing the 2-pack, you will save nearly $50.
Product Code: QM16EA