Student Testing and Performance 3 Pack
Few things cause more anxiety among students than taking tests. In these three videos, you’ll discover techniques that dial down the stress levels, improve students’ retention of course material, and lead to better performance on exams.
Take the Stress out of Testing and See Better Results
Many otherwise bright students often choke when it comes to taking tests. The biggest obstacle to scoring well may be that students put inordinate pressure on themselves.
Once they get a bad grade, they lose confidence, which can cause poor performance on the next test and set up a vicious cycle of defeat. Or they may simply lack effective study or test-taking skills.
The problem is not isolated to students. Poor test scores can reflect negatively on teachers, affecting not only their ranking on campus but also confidence in their own abilities.
Demystifying test-taking and learning the tools and concepts that can drive higher student performance on exams are the topics examined in the Student Testing and Performance 3 Pack.
- How Can Students Use Self-Compassion to Reduce Test Anxiety? shows techniques to help students change their attitude toward testing and ably demonstrate what they really know on exams.
- What Key Factors Influence Test Performance? explains how students can identify self-destructive obstacles when it comes to test-taking and how to overcome them.
- What Key Concepts Improve Student Learning and Memory? reveals simple yet powerful strategies to help students retain more course material.
This practical, engaging series discusses techniques that can complement your course work and give newfound confidence to students.
Adapting these ideas for your classroom can enhance learning and help your students retain more of what they learn for an enriching educational experience.
Individually, these programs sell for $99 each. By purchasing the 3-pack, you will save nearly $50.
Product Code: PM16EA
Educators can learn techniques for helping students manage their test anxieties, get past destructive behaviors, and recall more course material in this fascinating series of three Magna 20-Minute Mentors.
In these presentations, you’ll learn ways for students to reframe how they look at exams in order to reduce their stress. You’ll be able to show them how to judge themselves less critically while still maintaining high academic standards.
These videos also show how to use a battery of techniques such as cueing, the testing effect, semantic encoding, peer teaching, and the spacing effect to help students retain more of what they learn and demonstrate their knowledge on exams.
Providing these techniques to your students will also help you as an educator garner favorable reviews and ratings.
The convenient 20-minute length of each video ensures that you will learn actionable ideas and tools at your own pace and on your own schedule.
The Student Testing and Performance 3 Pack will help students engage deeply with the curriculum and slash the self-imposed pressure they put on themselves to become true learners.
After you view these eye-opening sessions, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the differences between fear and anxiety
- Be able to articulate the benefits of mindful self-compassion
- Learn several specific techniques to reduce test anxiety
- Understand and appreciate the varied factors that contribute to test performance
- Use the included Test Performance Reflection Exercise to facilitate improved student learning and test performance
- Administer a questionnaire to students and guide their plans for making useful changes to improve their learning and test performance
- Know the five powerful learning and memory concepts that can significantly assist student comprehension and retention
- Have new insight into the rationale behind some common teaching practices
- Recognize examples of these concepts when they are applied to teaching strategies
- Coordinate the use of these concepts into a coherent teaching process
- Possess a specific plan for implementing these concepts into a teaching module in your discipline
The Student Testing and Performance 3 Pack gives you realistic solutions as well as insights that can transform the way your students approach their exams.
The series comes with additional resources to refresh your understanding again and again. The clear, fast-paced 20-minute videos are convenient and easy to watch, no matter how busy your schedule is.
Just a few of these groundbreaking concepts can give you and your students more course satisfaction!
B. Jean Mandernach's research focuses on enhancing student learning through assessment and innovative online instructional strategies. In addition, she has interests in examining the perception of online degrees, the quality of online course offerings, and the development of effective faculty evaluation models.
Jean received her B.S. in comprehensive psychology from the University of Nebraska at Kearney, an M.S. in experimental psychology from Western Illinois University and Ph.D. in social psychology from the University of Nebraska at Lincoln.
Ann H. Taylor is the Director of the Dutton e-Education Institute, College of Earth and Mineral Sciences, at Penn State University.
Annie has worked in the field of distance education since 1991, focusing on learning design and faculty development. In her role as Institute director, Annie is responsible for guiding the College’s strategic vision and planning for online learning. She works with faculty, administrators, stakeholders, and Institute staff to plan and implement online programs that are tailored to the needs of adult professionals worldwide. She serves on University committees focused on strategic planning, policies, and procedures related to the University’s distance learning initiatives and has been an active member of the University Faculty Senate since 2007. While serving as a University administrator, Annie still likes to have a hands-on aspect to her work. She regularly works with University colleagues to create resources for faculty teaching online and shares her work as a frequent public speaker.
See product details for pricing.
$249 - CD
$300 - Campus Access License
$99 - CD
$49 - On-Demand