Flipping the College Classroom: Practical Advice from Faculty
- Bulk orders placed MUST be for quantities of 10+
- Only the printed version is available for bulk order
- Bulk orders for quantities less than 10 will not be honored
- To purchase the digital format or less than 10 print copies, visit Amazon.com
- To purchase 50+ copies, contact sales manager Kevin Patrick at 800-433-0499 ext. 3 or email@example.com.
Looking for the definitive resource on flipping the college classroom? Look no further.
Flipping the College Classroom: Practical Advice from Faculty (a new book from Magna Publications).
As active learning takes hold in classrooms across college and university campuses, faculty members and instructors are looking for effective ways to adapt their courses and lessons to the new learning environment.
Flipped instruction is a popular method that exposes students to course content, such as readings and online lectures, outside of the classroom and then uses class time to analyze, synthesize, and apply that information. Those in-class activities are critical. To develop students’ comprehension of course content, instructors must effectively engage students and motivate them to prepare beforehand and attend ready to participate.
With everything from best practices to evidence-based approaches and classroom-tested strategies, Flipping the College Classroom: Practical Advice from Faculty provides the answers to all of your flipped classroom questions. It is filled with ideas that are scalable to classes of all sizes and adaptable across disciplines. No matter how much or how little you have tried flipped instruction, there is something in this e-book for you to try in the courses you already teach with the syllabus and course designs you already use.
This is the latest offering from Magna Publications, a provider of resources designed to foster awareness and understanding of the key issues facing educators and to help you advance your skills. We strive to deliver valuable content that you can put to use immediately. We aim to simplify complex issues and deliver clear, actionable guidance so you can focus your energies on efforts that effectively and efficiently enhance learning for your students.
It can be unfamiliar and uncomfortable territory, but no one needs to forge blindly into this new terrain. Flipping the College Classroom: Practical Advice from Faculty is a comprehensive resource on flipped instruction. This is a 200-page collection that covers all aspects of flipped instruction, including organizing and planning flipped lessons, supporting students in the flipped environment, assessing learning in flipped classes, incorporating effective educational technology, and more.
Flipping the College Classroom: Practical Advice from Faculty contains actionable advice for any instructor no matter how comfortable or familiar they are with flipping and teaches them how to:
- Identify flippable moments in courses
- Plan flipped lessons
- Engage students in flipped instruction and active learning
- Motivate unprepared students
- Hold students accountable for pre-class work
- Integrate moments of reflection into an active-learning classroom
- Use small-group work in flipped classrooms
- Flip courses regardless of the size of the classroom
- Accommodate introverted students who might be uncomfortable with the flipped model
- Assess in a flipped environment
- Flip online courses
- Use technology best in flipped instruction
This resource brings proven strategies and tips from faculty members who have pioneered and advanced flipped instruction. They know what works, and they know what doesn’t. Flipping the College Classroom: Practical Advice from Faculty collects their best ideas and smartest advice in one convenience place. Institutions can also order ten or more print copies in bulk to share across departments to expand faculty awareness and adoption of flipped instruction.
Flipping the College Classroom: Practical Advice from Faculty is 200 pages of the essential information you need on flipped instruction—all in one place at an affordable price.