NCSL WORKSHOP BLOCKS
Student workshop blocks are sets of five sessions organized into the following themes. You will have the opportunity to attend nine workshops during the conference.
- General Leadership: Learn basic and advanced leadership skills from premier educators and leaders from around the country. Whether you are an emerging leader or an established one, these workshops are for you.
- Cause Leadership: Whether its fighting global warming, working to reduce food deserts in your community, promoting campus civility, or other cause-driven initiatives, this work requires exceptional leadership skills. Workshops in this block will help you cultivate these skills.
- Communication for Leaders: Communication is key to leading change, motivating participation, expressing your point of view. These workshops will help you master articulating your vision, communicating in groups, being an effective communicator, and other areas of public motivational speaking.
- Networking: Learn how to build impactful relationships and expand your network. Build your skills and learn how to create more meaningful connections, job opportunities, and more.
- Life Skills and Personal Development: Leadership reaches beyond the conferenceand beyond the classroom. It is part of your everyday life. These workshops provide the leadership skills needed to prepare you for the world that awaits outside of the traditional college and university walls.
- The Path to Professionalism: Participate in a roundtable/panel discussion with leaders in various professional fields. From interview skills to professional dress to internship opportunities and how to navigate the world beyond the classroom these professionals will turn you into a pro! Offered twice to maximize your opportunity for learning.
- Self-Care and Wellness: In the fast-paced world of student leadership we often forget to take time for ourselves. But mental and physical health are key components of success. Learn techniques for making self-care and wellness a priority despite a busy, pressure-filled schedule. Offered twice to maximize your opportunity for learning.
Advisors: Advisors! Youll have the opportunity for nine research-based professional development sessions mixed with the same NCSL flavor your students have come to love to add a little energy and diversify your experience.
Leadership, Expression, and DialogueLED talks are short 10-minute speeches for leaders, by leaders. The voices will vary! Students and some of your favorite conference presenters will share the stage to express their unique leadership position! This session is guaranteed to make you think on new levels and will open the door for dialogues about leadership during and after the conference. Students, apply here for your chance to speak!