Questions about online instruction? Find answers for your school here
Online Classroom is a monthly newsletter that reports on current trends, challenges, ideas, and pedagogical insights for effective online instruction.
To stay abreast of this rapidly evolving landscape, a subscription to Online Classroom from Magna Publications can help you understand the current trends, challenges, ideas, and pedagogical insights for effective online instruction.
Every month, you'll get clear, informed analysis of timely issues. You'll get strategies and practical tips for developing online education at your school.
You'll see what's working at other institutions and how instructors and administrators are coping with the exciting and sometimes bewildering online teaching experience.
This newsletter delivers:
- Practical how-to articles about how to create and design quality online courses
- Strategies to manage distance education courses without being swamped
- Techniques to retain students and keep them engaged and committed
- Case studies featuring new ideas in distance education courses
- Proven tips and ideas regarding course development, assessment, student retention, instructor’s role in online courses, online group work, and asynchronous/synchronous interaction
Whether you already have online education in place or you're thinking about establishing it, understanding the underlying issues—and having access to tools and tips that you can apply almost immediately—can accelerate the efficiency and effectiveness of your programs. The publication will help you:
- Design effective, engaging online courses
- Create vibrant online learning communities
- Harness cutting-edge technology and put it to work for you and your students
- Manage your time and workload efficiently and effectively
- Employ assessment techniques that utilize best practices and cutting-edge strategies
Edited by John Orlando, an expert with extensive credentials in how faculty can use technology to improve learning, Online Classroom draws on the knowledge of specialists from esteemed institutions, including Penn State University, Northern Virginia Community College, and North Georgia College & State University.
"It gives me great ideas, practical knowledge on new subject matters and an ability to see what is happening at other institutions.” - Professor
Every month, you'll get news, analysis, and techniques for grappling with pressing issues such as:
- Online course design
- The role of instructors
- Managing courses
- Winning the support of students
- Academic integrity
- Time management
- Synchronous/asynchronous interaction
- Assessing student learning
- Threaded discussions
- New technologies for teaching online
Schools that offer respected online courses and have experienced, capable faculty and administrators will garner greater interest from students and their families.
A subscription to Online Classroom will benefit your academic community, especially:
- Online instructors
- Faculty who are preparing to teach online
- Faculty who are preparing to teach in a blended format
- Instructional designers
- Distance education administrators
- Faculty development staff
- Administrators, faculty, and staff at two- and four-year institutions
- Administrators, faculty, and staff at public and private institutions
Subscribing to Online Classroom is an investment in the future of your institution that will pay handsome dividends for years to come.
See for yourself by subscribing today. Or check out our group subscription options for even greater savings.
Product Code: FPOCAA