Enrichment for Mid-Career Faculty
Spring Enrichment Course
COURSE DATE: March 15 – May 2, 2020
You’ve been at this for a while. You’ve encountered endless frustrating teaching situations. You don’t give up. You keep working harder to be the best educator you can be.
Here’s another opportunity for you to get even better, become even more impactful, and find new ways to enlighten, inspire, and transform your students.
Enrichment for Mid-Career Faculty will take your teaching performance to higher levels. Experienced faculty will be energized by this idea-filled course, packed with cutting-edge ideas to drive student engagement, teach higher-order skills, try out new feedback and grading strategies, and so much more.
This 15-hour course provides a wealth of ideas and inspiration for a committed educator to pursue classroom excellence, including examination on:
- Mentoring approaches that connect with students
- Brain-based learning techniques that motivate students
- Assessments that drive improvement throughout the semester
- Strategies to overcome apathy and engage students in today's learning environment
- Techniques to maintain personal connections in large classes
- Methods to help manage and lessen job-related stress
This asynchronous course works with your schedule, allowing you to pick up and leave off wherever you like, from virtually any device. Regular learning checks affirm your command of the content and a final check leads to a certificate of completion. You’ll also find a wealth of thoughtfully created supplemental materials to reinforce the course content, including handouts, full transcripts, readings, and links to online resources.
You have a passion for career-long development so get a resource that provides a treasure trove of ideas for keeping pedagogy fresh and honing classroom skills. Put Enrichment for Mid-Career Faculty to work for you today!
At the conclusion of this course, you'll be able to:
- Apply new strategies that drive learning and development of higher-order skills
- Create tools to inspire student engagement and enthusiasm for learning
- Implement high-impact practices for assessments, grading, and feedback
- Maintain one-on-one relationships and effective mentoring in large classes
- Manage the stresses of a demanding profession
Who Will Benefit From This Course:
- Faculty and instructors who have been teaching for five years or more
How It Works:
- Prior to the start of the course on March 15, participants will receive an email with information on accessing the online course
- Participants can work through the course at their own pace. Participants can also review information in a previous unit as well as read supplemental materials and watch the accompanying videos as many times as they like within the session date of March 15 – May 2
- Upon completion of each unit, participants will take an assessment to gauge progress
- A discussion board brings educators together for an enriching, national conversation about higher education
- For the duration of the course, participants can use the discussion forum to interact with other participants nationwide and discuss the course content
- At the end of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion
- Video programs
- Assessments, including a final exam
- Transcripts of all video programs
- Program slides
- Supplemental readings and activities
- Online discussion forum
- Certificate of Completion for the course
Reserve your seat(s) using the order box on the right. Discount pricing is for multiple seats purchased at the same time:
# of people
1 to 4
$199 per seat
5 to 19
$99 per seat
20 to 39
$79 per seat
For 40 or more seats, please contact Magna Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-433-0499 ext. 183.
Product Code: PO20BA