Managing Your Online Classroom
If you’ve been teaching online for a while, what’s next?
The same spirit of adventure that brought you online in the first place is probably calling you to go “bigger and better” – to make the online experience even more impactful for your students, and more rewarding for you.
So where do you go next?
Let the Magna Online Course, Managing Your Online Classroom, be your guide. This intensive, idea-filled program takes a systematic look at the key elements of online teaching, providing insights you can use to build on your current success.
During the approximately nine-hour course, Managing Your Online Classroom shares strategies for:
- Managing online courses more efficiently
- Introducing innovative tools like micro-lectures to your courses
- Building community and strengthening student-instructor relations
- Using course design to discourage cheating
- Boosting engagement and collaboration
- Improving retention
- Exporting active-learning tools from the traditional classroom to your online courses (e.g., group projects, service learning)
- Employing non-traditional means to assess learning
- Using technology to deliver impactful feedback in less time
Ready-to-implement ideas on these and many other topics are waiting for you in Managing Your Online Classroom. The course is designed for either synchronous or asynchronous learning: Individuals can take it at their own pace, accessing it from virtually any device. Learning communities can take it together as part of departmental or institution-wide professional-development initiatives.
A variety of supplemental materials enhance the course presentation. Included are full transcripts, handouts, readings, and links to online resources. In addition, regular learning checks occur throughout the course, and a final check leads to a certificate of completion.
At the completion of Managing Your Online Classroom, participants will be able to:
- Identify and apply new tools and technology to enhance learning
- Create classroom activities and exercises to boost engagement and collaboration
- Apply effective assessment and feedback methods
- Establish practices to manage instructor time spent on course administration
For faculty who have embraced the challenges and opportunities of online learning, Managing Your Online Classroom provides the means to take another leap forward – with new ideas to make the experience even more impactful and rewarding. Order it today!
Who Will Benefit From This Course:
- Online faculty
- Instructional designers
- Faculty developers
|# of people||Cost per person|
The course enrollment will expire one year after activation.
Product Code: QO19DA