Managing Your Online Classroom
Winter Enrichment Course
COURSE DATE: November 24, 2019 – January 18, 2020
Online teaching is a big challenge with unique situations and procedures that are completely different from the face-to-face class format.
As an online instructor, you know this better than anyone. You also know that everything can always be improved.
So where do you go next?
Managing Your Online Classroom can help you make the online experience even more impactful for your students, while making it even more rewarding for you. This intensive, idea-filled course takes a systematic look at the key elements of online teaching, while providing actionable insights you can use to build on your current online classroom.
During the approximately nine-hour course, Managing Your Online Classroom shares strategies for:
- Managing online courses more efficiently
- Introducing innovative tools like micro-lectures to your courses
- Building community and strengthening student-instructor relations
- Using course design to discourage cheating
- Boosting engagement and collaboration
- Improving retention
- Exporting active-learning tools from the traditional classroom to your online courses (e.g., group projects, service learning)
- Employing non-traditional means to assess learning
- Using technology to deliver impactful feedback in less time
Ready-to-implement ideas on these and many other topics are waiting for you in Managing Your Online Classroom. For faculty who have embraced the challenges and opportunities of online learning, this course provides the means to take another leap forward – with new ideas to make the experience even more substantial and fulfilling.
At the completion of Managing Your Online Classroom, participants will be able to:
- Identify and apply new tools and technology to enhance learning
- Create classroom activities and exercises to boost engagement and collaboration
- Apply effective assessment and feedback methods
- Establish practices to manage instructor time spent on course administration
The course is designed for either synchronous or asynchronous learning: Individuals can take it at their own pace, accessing it from virtually any device. Learning communities can take it together as part of departmental or institution-wide professional-development initiatives.
A variety of supplemental materials enhance the course presentation. Included are full transcripts, handouts, readings, and links to online resources. In addition, regular learning checks occur throughout the course, and a final check leads to a certificate of completion.
Who Will Benefit From This Course:
- Online faculty
- Instructional designers
- Faculty developers
How It Works:
- At the start of the course on November 24, 2019, participants will receive an email with information on accessing the online course
- Participants can work through the course at their own pace. Participants can also review information in a previous unit as well as read supplemental materials and watch the accompanying videos as many times as they like within the session date of November 24, 2019 - January 18, 2020.
- Upon completion of each unit, participants will take an assessment to gauge progress
- A discussion board brings educators together for an enriching, national conversation about higher education
- For the duration of the course, participants can use the discussion forum to interact with other participants nationwide and discuss the course content
- At the end of the course, participants will receive a Certificate of Completion
- Video programs
- Assessments, including a final exam
- Transcripts of all video programs
- Program slides
- Online discussion forum
- Certificate of Completion for the course
Reserve your seat(s) using the order box on the right. Discount pricing is for multiple seats purchased at the same time:
# of people
1 to 4
$199 per seat
5 to 19
$99 per seat
20 to 39
$79 per seat
For 40 or more seats, please contact Magna Sales at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-433-0499 ext. 183.
Product Code: QO19EA