Preparing to Teach Online
In online teaching, “learn as you go” can be a costly proposition…
For most college professors, “trial and error” has been an essential part of their development as teachers. Those who’ve taken the same approach to online learning, however, will be the first to tell you: It doesn’t work nearly as well in that environment. Too many false starts and costly mistakes.
Instead, it’s essential to have some grounding in best practices—and that’s precisely what the Magna Online Course, Preparing to Teach Online, provides.
Presented in modular form, this content-rich ten-hour course will put you on the right path for everything from good course design to effective time management. In addition, you’ll discover how to:
- Establish your classroom presence and communicate expectations
- Promote student engagement
- Facilitate participation and collaboration
- Design meaningful assignments
- Build a strong online presence and develop rapport with your students
- Structure courses to protect your time and make the workload sustainable
- Create assessments that accurately gauge learning
- Harness technology to make feedback personal, impactful and actionable
In short, the course will provide you with a roadmap for successful entry into the online space. It will empower you to teach confidently and competently from your first day of class, and help you drive the kind of learning outcomes you want for your students.
The course is designed for asynchronous learning: You can start and stop whenever you like, and learn at your own pace. You’ll be assessed at the conclusion of each unit, and at the end of the course, you’ll receive a certificate of completion.
After you’ve completed Preparing to Teach Online, you’ll be able to:
- Plan and design your online courses
- Create a positive and active learning environment
- Develop online tools to enhance content delivery, measure learning and provide feedback
- “Right-size” your time commitments to the course
It’s essential to have some grounding in online classroom best practices before you take the plunge. Preparing to Teach Online will put you on a path to success; add it to your professional-development library.
Who Will Benefit From This Course:
- Faculty new to online teaching
- Faculty development professionals
- Instructional designers
|# of people||Cost per person|
The course enrollment will expire one year after activation.
Product Code: QO19CA