Technology to Enhance Teaching & Learning
Technology has revolutionized higher education, and not only through eLearning, online learning, and distance education.
Technological tools can dramatically increase student learning, enhance student engagement, and unleash your creativity as an educator.
Learn what these tools are, and how you can use them to enrich your teaching in this online course from Magna Publications.
Drawing on contemporary theoretical approaches, current research, and practical experience, this course shows you how to use technology to improve learning outcomes.
Appropriate for fully online, blended or face-to-face course, this course explores:
- How new techniques make it easier than ever to boost student learning
- How online education encourages more active student involvement with course materials, instructors and each other
- How technology can help you create meaningful assessment.
Technology to Enhance Teaching & Learning will help you improve all elements of your teaching, from covering course content to generating discussion to measuring learning outcomes. This course is divided into three units.
Unit 1: Tools for Delivering Content
- The flipped classroom
- Teaching with videos
- Sound in education
- Screen capture and screen casting
- Rapid eLearning development
Unit Two: Tools For Interaction
- In-class polling
- Collaborative note taking
- Virtual worlds
Unit Three: Technologies for Assessment
- Four Cís of 21st century skills
- Voice feedback on assignments
- Student-developed teaching modules
- Digital storytelling
- Wikipedia pages
Whether youíre a newcomer to online resources or looking to upgrade your existing skill set, Technology to Enhance Teaching & Learning will be energizing and inspiring for:
- Faculty teaching online courses, blended courses, and face-to-face courses
- Faculty resource coordinators
- Chief academic officers
- Centers for teaching and learning
This course is built on a responsive mobile eLearning platform, viewable on all computers as well as the latest smart phones and tablets.
Each unit includes supplemental course materials and information on further resources that will continue to enhance faculty understanding of online teaching.
- Video tutorials
- Interactive Content
- Checks on Learning
- Final Check on Learning and certificate of completion
- Links to online resources
- Complete Handouts, Supplemental Materials and Transcripts
This self-paced course may take anywhere from six to fourteen hours to complete, depending on how comfortable you are with online tools and how much time you intend to spend on each course unit.
This course may be taken on any desktop computer system as well as mobile devices with the latest internet browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc). The course features easy to use navigation on desktop and mobile devices.
|# of people||Cost per person|
The course enrollment will expire one year after activation.
Technology is one of the most powerful forces affecting higher education today. Donít let it pass you by. Make sure you know how to use it to spark your studentsí imagination Ė and yours. Order Technology to Enhance Teaching & Learning today!
Product Code: TO14BA