Consumer Protection and Higher Ed: Six Liability Concerns
Colleges and universities of all kinds are facing an increasing number of consumer protection lawsuits for everything from a studentís inability to find a job to grade disputes to disciplinary procedures.
Growing concern about the student loan crisis is responsible for some of this litigation, as is the growing influence of the consumer model of higher education.
All lawsuits can be expensive and can result in negative press. Some can carry substantial financial risk. Learn how to reduce your institutionís legal risk and watch this program today.
Drawing on the presenters' combined legal expertise and experience, you will learn:
- How to better assess the risk of litigation for your institution
- How to avoid undermining your institutionís legal defenses
- How to limit your exposure to litigation and liability
After participating in this seminar, youíll be able to:
- Manage the debate surrounding the student as consumer
- Assess your disclosures required by regulators
- Better understand your stateís laws
- Employ four different methods to strengthen your defenses against liability
- Evaluate your schoolís policies and procedures
- Use effective employee training and supervision to defend against lawsuits
Consumer Protection and Higher Ed: Six Liability Concerns shows you what you need to do to reduce your institutionís risks and potential liability, even in this litigious climate. The presenters help you understand whatís behind the rise in consumer protection investigations and what it will take to help your school steer clear of accusations of unfair or deceptive trade practices.
Whether youíre new to legal issues in higher education, have extensive experience with liability and student consumerism, or find yourself somewhere in between, this seminar has the information you need to reduce your schoolís liability and risk of lawsuits.
The information youíll acquire in this seminar is applicable to two- and four-year, public, private, and for-profit and nonprofit institutions.
It will be particularly useful for:
- General counsels
- Deans of students
- All administrators responsible for providing information to students about graduation rates, employment data, and other material that could lead to allegations of unfair or deceptive trade practices
All lawsuits can be expensive and can result in negative press. Some can carry substantial financial risk. Order today to learn how to protect your institution!
Product Code: OC14CA