Identifying and Eliminating Common Administrative Barriers for Transgender Students
Thursday, January 10, 2019 | 1:00 PM Central | 60 Minutes
$247 per connection through 12/28/18, $297 thereafter
In this seminar, you will learn about the variety of administrative barriers facing transgender students at colleges and universities across the country. Examples of some barriers that will be discussed include the following: obtaining name changes on ID cards and administrative forms, navigating various online systems that retain and re-populate student demographic information, ensuring the correct and inclusive use of names and pronouns in the classroom, and accessing comprehensive and inclusive campus healthcare options.
Join us on January 10 for Identifying and Eliminating Common Administrative Barriers for Transgender Students, a Magna Online Seminar led by Timothy Bussey, PhD. This seminar will empower higher education professionals to use administrative tools and institutional resources to provide proactive, rather than simply reactive, support for transgender and gender diverse students in a collegiate setting.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Identify common administrative barriers for transgender students in a collegiate setting
- Determine how to find solutions to eliminate these barriers
- Obtain skills to support and affirm transgender students throughout this process
- Understand how to anticipate ongoing challenges for transgender students
- Obtaining name changes on ID cards and administrative forms
- Navigating various online systems that retain and re-populate student demographic information
- Ensuring the correct and inclusive use of names and pronouns in the classroom
- Accessing comprehensive and inclusive campus healthcare options
This seminar will benefit:
- Student Affairs
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Counseling and Mental Health Services
- Student Health Services
- Information Technology Services
- Title IX Office
- Residential Life
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- A single connection to the live seminar (one connection per purchased registration)
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access for 1-year after the seminar airs on 01/10/19
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the live seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available. Additional connections for other locations or branch campuses can be purchased for $100 per additional connection. Contact Magna Customer Service at 800-433-0499 to add additional connections for the rebroadcasted seminar.
MAGNA ONLINE SEMINAR PASS
Access 12 Months of Online Seminars
With the purchase of the Magna Online Seminar Pass, you will gain access to all the live seminars within a 12-month period. Covering a variety of relevant topics from academic thought leaders, Magna Online Seminars are incomparable in the way they promote continued staff and faculty development. And now, with a Magna Online Seminar Pass, you can get more of these seminars for less!
The Magna Online Seminar Pass is a sensible and affordable subscription membership that gives you access to every live Magna Online Seminar produced over the course of a 12-month period (minimum of 25 seminars). Purchase a subscription today!
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: OC19AD