Strategies for Enhancing Engagement and Collaboration in Large Online Courses
Thursday, March 28, 2019 | 1:00 PM Central | 60 Minutes
Have you ever wondered how to go about building a cohesive online learning community where students are actively engaged and where you feel like you’re able to manage the workload that accompanies such a large group of students? Student engagement can be a challenge in any online class, and it is particularly challenging in a large-enrollment online class.
On March 28th, one of our favorite presenters will share several evidence-based strategies and tools for designing and facilitating large-size online courses in a way that enhances student engagement, encourages active participation, and supports learning. Specifically, we’ll cover essential topics including strategies for building a cohesive online learning community, increasing faculty online presence, and getting students actively engaged in learning. We’ll also address technology for online communication, collaboration, and engagement.
Bonus: The presenter will share some of her most practical tips for faculty on how to manage the workload that comes with large enrollment online courses. If you teach large online courses, you will not want to miss out.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Understand evidence-based strategies for creating and maintaining a cohesive online learning community in large size online courses
- Clearly grasp new evidence-based strategies for enhancing faculty presence in large size online courses
- Know how to design learning activities to enhance active learning and engagement in large size online courses
- Be fully prepared to evaluate and implement technology effectively to facilitate student learning and engagement in large size online courses
- How to build a cohesive online learning community with a large cohort of learners
- Strategies (and specific technology solutions you can use) for enhancing engagement and collaboration in online learning
- How to start and maintain engaging discussions throughout an entire semester of a large-size online course
- Increasing your online teaching presence (and not being overwhelmed)
- Practical tips on managing your teaching workload in large-size online courses
This seminar will benefit:
- Faculty who teach online
- Instructional Designers and Developers
- Faculty Development Staff
- Academic Deans
- Department Chairs
- Instructional Technologists
- eLearning Specialists
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- A single connection to the live seminar (one connection per purchased registration)
- On-demand access for 1-year after the seminar airs on 03/28/19
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the live seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available. Additional connections for other locations or branch campuses can be purchased for $100 per additional connection. Contact Magna Customer Service at 800-433-0499 to add additional connections for the rebroadcasted seminar.
MAGNA ONLINE SEMINAR PASS
Access 12 Months of Online Seminars
With the purchase of the Magna Online Seminar Pass, you will gain access to all the live seminars within a 12-month period. Covering a variety of relevant topics from academic thought leaders, Magna Online Seminars are incomparable in the way they promote continued staff and faculty development. And now, with a Magna Online Seminar Pass, you can get more of these seminars for less!
The Magna Online Seminar Pass is a sensible and affordable subscription membership that gives you access to every live Magna Online Seminar produced over the course of a 12-month period (minimum of 25 seminars). Purchase a subscription today!
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC19EA