Rebroadcast: Connect Learning Across Courses with Curriculum Mapping
Thursday, April 5, 2018 | 90 Minutes
$247 per connection through 03/21/18, $297 thereafter
This seminar can be viewed anytime on April 5, 2018 starting at 8:00 AM (CST)
Students deserve a coherent learning experience as they move through their college programs.
Unfortunately, all too often, students encounter a disconnected series of courses with notable and frustrating gaps and redundancies in material. Faculty members, for their part, have difficulty finding ways to move beyond the isolation of their individual courses to combine them into a more coherent overall program for students.
By using curriculum maps, you can remedy this situation. You can develop connections between courses and relate them to the larger context of the student experience. You can also find ways to engage faculty in a meaningful conversation about the interdependence of their separate classes.
This is particularly important due to increased scrutiny and oversight of outcomes by accrediting agencies, funders, students, and employers.
Register today for the Magna Online Seminar, Connect Learning Across Courses with Curriculum Mapping, presented by Peter Wolf, Mad.Ed. You’ll learn how to get started with curriculum maps at your institution.
In this seminar, you’ll learn:
- What curriculum maps are and how to use them at your school
- How to enhance and reinforce learning across the curriculum
- Three main types of mapping: structure, alignment, and evidence
- Facilitation approaches to curriculum mapping
- How to use program outcomes to guide curricular decisions
- Getting started with curriculum mapping
- Using cross-curriculum development to enhance and reinforce learning
- High-tech and no-tech ways to map curricula
- Incorporating structure, outcomes, and evidence into mapping activities
This seminar is appropriate for professionals charged with making curriculum decisions, including:
- Educational developers
- Curriculum developers
- Curriculum committee members
- Department chairs
Viewing this Magna Online Seminar as a team can help leverage unique insights, foster collaboration, and build momentum for change. You’ll also receive guidelines for continuing the conversation after viewing, implementing the strategies discussed, and creating a feedback loop for sharing best practices and challenges. Register today!
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- A single connection to the seminar (one connection per purchased registration). Access to the rebroadcast is available starting at 8AM Central Time the day of the rebroadcast
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access for 1-year after the seminar airs on 04/05/18
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
Please Note: Rebroadcasted seminars do not include a "live" Q&A.
Note: this program does not have closed captioning.
MAGNA ONLINE SEMINAR PASS
Access 12 Months of Online Seminars
With the purchase of the Magna Online Seminar Pass, you will gain access to all the live seminars within a 12-month period. Covering a variety of relevant topics from academic thought leaders, Magna Online Seminars are incomparable in the way they promote continued staff and faculty development. And now, with a Magna Online Seminar Pass, you can get more of these seminars for less!
The Magna Online Seminar Pass is a sensible and affordable subscription membership that gives you access to every live Magna Online Seminar produced over the course of a 12-month period (minimum of 25 seminars). Purchase a subscription today!
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC18OA