Rebroadcast: Simple Strategies to Create an Inclusive Classroom for Gender Variant Students
Thursday, June 14, 2018 | 60 Minutes
$247 per connection through 05/31/18, $297 thereafter
This seminar can be viewed anytime on June 14, 2018 starting at 8:00 AM (CST)
Simple Strategies to Create an Inclusive Classroom for Gender Variant Students for Gender Variant Students provides insights on the special challenges transgender and gender variant students face in higher education. It examines the alienation and marginalization such students experience, along with the resultant effects on academic success and student retention. You’ll gain important insights into the ways you can create a classroom environment and a pedagogical approach that are responsive to the needs of all students and that contribute to an environment of mutual esteem and respect. From syllabus development to in-class etiquette, this timely seminar provides critical knowledge and tools to address the unique needs of a classroom constituency in need of your support.
If you’re committed to better understanding the needs of transgender students—and meeting those needs in your pedagogy—don’t miss this informative and inspiring presentation. It will help you:
- Create a more welcoming classroom for all your students
- Hone your pedagogy to be inclusive of transgender and gender variant students
- Establish a classroom environment of mutual esteem and respect
- Promote better student retention among gender-nonconforming students
- Stay in compliance with evolving Title IX guidelines
You’ll learn how to pursue an informed, intentional approach to building positive relationships with and among students of all genders.
After the watching this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Articulate the concerns of gender variant students
- Define strategies for making your classroom more inclusive
- Develop pedagogical approaches that enhance learning outcomes for gender variant students
- Describe the extent to which Title IX protects these students under a new federal administration
This idea-filled seminar provides important perspectives and a wealth of actionable information. Your presenter will offer:
- Insights on how gender variant students experience a typical classroom
- Techniques for establishing an inclusive tone in your classroom and in your syllabi
- Guidelines for setting classroom behavioral expectations
- Standards with respect to confidentiality
- Recommendations about etiquette toward gender variant students
- Direction on behaviors and methods that promote student inclusion and retention
You’ll benefit from this seminar if you are a:
- Faculty member
- Graduate assistant
- Administrator concerned with student inclusion or retention
Gender-nonconforming students face challenges both inside and outside the classroom. We can create more welcoming and inclusive learning environments for them—and in doing so, enhance their chances for academic success. Order this seminar today and learn how you can best serve this under-supported constituency.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Unlimited connections within your institution to the on-demand program
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access for 1-year after the seminar airs on 06/14/17
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available.
Please Note: Rebroadcasted seminars do not include a "live" Q&A.
MAGNA ONLINE SEMINAR PASS
Access 12 Months of Online Seminars
With the purchase of the Magna Online Seminar Pass, you will gain access to all the live seminars within a 12-month period. Covering a variety of relevant topics from academic thought leaders, Magna Online Seminars are incomparable in the way they promote continued staff and faculty development. And now, with a Magna Online Seminar Pass, you can get more of these seminars for less!
The Magna Online Seminar Pass is a sensible and affordable subscription membership that gives you access to every live Magna Online Seminar produced over the course of a 12-month period (minimum of 25 seminars). Purchase a subscription today!
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC18QA