Retaining Online Students with a First Year Experience Program
Retention of Distance Learners
Itís a fact that more and more students, and more and more institutions, are embracing online and blended classes.
But itís also a fact that distance learners are anywhere from 10 to 20 percent less likely than traditional students to persist to graduation.
Given the success of First-Year Experience programs in retaining traditional students, itís reasonable to assume they could have the same impact on distance learners.
The question is: How do you create a meaningful online FYE program?
We provide the answers in this seminar where the presenters provide you with retention program best practices and insights to help you increase nontraditional student engagement.
Discover how to:
- Identify and catalogue key services on your campus that can be easily replicated in an online FYE
- Engage students early by integrating support services into a pre-orientation program, online FYE, and the curriculum
- Acquaint students with academic, social and professional communities through enrollment in planned, optional activities
- Use campus technology to reduce costs and redundancy in hosting events
- Create a program that increases engagement and retention from enrollment through graduation, and into active alumni engagement
- Hear examples of innovative approaches being adopted on other campuses, ranging from online convocations to alumni webcasts to virtual wine and cheese events
Who will benefit from this seminar?
- Department chairs/directors of online and blended programs
- Full-time, part-time and adjunct faculty
- Academic and student affairs deans
- Academic advisors
- Recruitment/retention specialists
Order this valuable Magna Online Seminar today.
Product Code: NC11HA