Six Practical Strategies to Improve Your Online Course
Ready-to-Implement Strategies to Transform Your Online Courses
Spend an hour with Dr. Oliver Dreon, director of Millersville University’s Center for Academic Excellence, as he presents this Magna Online Seminar.
You’ll come away with a tremendous “toolkit” of ideas for making your online classes even better than they are now.
You’ll learn how you can use a half-dozen research-based, easy-to-implement practices to help you create truly student-centered instruction.
Using a blend of lecture and case studies, Dr. Dreon shows how you can:
- Create rich opportunities for students to interact with the course material, with you, and with one another
- Provide learning resources that leverage the strengths of the online space
- Apply innovative feedback and assessment strategies to deepen the learning experience for students
- Align your instructional methods with course learning objectives and goals
Discover a wealth of ways to keep your students more deeply engaged in the course material, more successful in their learning, and more satisfied with their online classroom experience. (To say nothing of increasing your own satisfaction with learning and applying some exciting new pedagogical tools.)
Build on the hard work you’ve already done in designing your classes, migrating your content, and mastering the intricacies of your learning management system.
Watch this idea-filled seminar and gain the insights you need to take your classes to a whole new level of excellence.
By the end of the hour, you’ll have the insights and tools you need to:
- Develop online opportunities that will help your students more meaningfully interact with course content, their peers, and you
- Devise a structured learning experience that provides effective developmental guidance
- Employ multimodal instructional approaches to achieve course objectives and enrich learning
Six Practical Strategies to Improve Your Online Courses will help you harness methods for creating deeper, more meaningful learning opportunities for your online students. You’ll come away brimming with ideas you can put to work right away in your online courses.
Six Practical Strategies to Improve Your Online Courses highlights opportunities for you to make your online courses more robust and engaging. This one-hour seminar is led by Oliver Dreon, PhD, author, educator, director of the Center for Academic Excellence at Millersville University, and coordinator of the university’s Digital Learning Studio.
Taking you beyond the nuts and bolts of online course creation, Dr. Dreon examines a half-dozen methods for creating truly student-centered instruction. His research-based recommendations will help you:
- Promote an enthusiastic exchange of ideas and information among your online students
- Broaden the learning resources you make available in your courses
- Diversify your assessment methods
- Identify and employ the best tools to achieve learning goals
- Provide timely, relevant, and actionable feedback
- Clarify course objectives and expectations
Included in the presentation are several case studies that show real-world applications of Dr. Dreon’s strategies to better demonstrate how you can implement them in your own online courses.
The methods identified in Six Practical Strategies to Improve Your Online Courses are valuable both for those seeking to strengthen current courses and for those just planning their entry into online teaching.
The seminar is suitable for faculty at any institution, two-year or four-year, public or private, who has or is planning an online course. We recommend it for educators at all career levels, including:
- Assistant, associate, and full professors
- Teaching center directors
- Faculty development consultants
- Adjunct faculty
- Graduate teaching assistants
- Postdoctoral scholars
If you’re seeking to create online experiences that are not merely functional but also deeply engaging and transformative, this is one seminar you shouldn’t miss.
Don’t miss this opportunity to hone your course design and enhance your pedagogy. Order Six Practical Strategies to Improve Your Online Courses now!
Product Code: PC14BA