Teaching to the Core: Ensuring the Success of Professional-Track Students
Thursday, May 3, 2018 | 1:00 PM Central | 60 Minutes
$247 per connection through 04/19/18, $297 thereafter
Today痴 professional-track students enroll in college with expectations of an easy, quick path to learning, only to find that medical and dental programs can be inflexible, challenging, and prescriptive. These programs can prove even more difficult for students with learning challenges.
What implementable strategies can you as the instructor provide to help students fulfill their professional, educational, and personal goals as healthcare professionals?
Register today for the Magna Online Seminar, Teaching to the Core: Ensuring the Success of Professional-Track Students, presented by Doreen Johnson, CDA, RDH, MA. You値l learn how to set students up for success by employing alternative lessons, using a blended and supportive curriculum, and teaching students individually. You値l review core competencies required by CODA/ACEN and explore strategies for assisting students with different learning challenges.
As more and more institutions implement fast-track and accelerated programs for quicker student success, faculty have become stressed and pushed to incorporate education methods at a very fast pace. Teaching the required curriculum to all students, including those with different learning challenges, has become an increasingly difficult task. This seminar provides strategies for teaching all core competencies and professional standards required by governing bodies, while also teaching to the core of the student, keeping in mind learning challenges and different learning styles.
Upon completion of this seminar, you値l be able to:
- Identify various student learning styles and students who require educational support
- Understand the differences between students who fall under the 504 Rehabilitation Act in a college environment vs. a high school IEP (Individual Educational Plan), and the necessary documentation instructors need
- Leverage various faculty teaching styles to support students in the ever-changing healthcare environment
- Establish a blended healthcare curriculum with a learning management system that offers support to healthcare students
- Student learning challenges and styles
- Faculty teaching styles
- Core competency obligations for faculty
- Blending for acceleration of learning
- Real-life student success stories and how students with learning challenges were able to navigate the healthcare curriculum and become successful healthcare providers
This seminar is designed for all healthcare faculty, including those teaching in programs that deal specifically with patient-centered care, such as medical, nursing, dental, and occupational areas of healthcare.
By implementing the strategies set forth in this seminar, you値l be less stressed and able to devote more time to helping students master advanced skills and succeed as healthcare professionals. Register today!
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- A single connection to the live seminar (one connection per purchased registration)
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access for 1-year after the seminar airs on 05/03/18
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the live seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available. Additional connections for other locations or branch campuses can be purchased for $100 per additional connection. Contact Magna Customer Service at 800-433-0499 to add additional connections for the rebroadcasted seminar.
MAGNA ONLINE SEMINAR PASS
Access 12 Months of Online Seminars
With the purchase of the Magna Online Seminar Pass, you will gain access to all the live seminars within a 12-month period. Covering a variety of relevant topics from academic thought leaders, Magna Online Seminars are incomparable in the way they promote continued staff and faculty development. And now, with a Magna Online Seminar Pass, you can get more of these seminars for less!
The Magna Online Seminar Pass is a sensible and affordable subscription membership that gives you access to every live Magna Online Seminar produced over the course of a 12-month period (minimum of 25 seminars). Purchase a subscription today!
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: PC18DA