Moving Beyond Data Collection to Meaningful Quality Assurance and Curriculum Improvement: The Future of Curriculum Mapping
Tuesday, April 16, 2019 | 1:00 PM Central | 60 Minutes
Curriculum mapping is often required at institutions for quality assurance and curriculum improvement. However, many institutions are stuck at data collection and haven’t been able to aggregate the data from a course level up to a program level, or even better, include data from other divisions of the institution. The desired outcome is to make changes to the curriculum that will improve the program and create pathways for learning from year 1-4. Yet, by the time mapping is completed people often experience what Wolf calls curriculum fatigue and interpretation and action is not actually taken. Further, job cycles are inconsistent with program review cycles. Department chairs might transition. Data might be hard to access. Documents get lost. Strategic Plans get forgotten or abandoned. Wolf proposes a curriculum dashboard, intended to bring institutional data together and keep it accessible to anyone in the job.
It is common for those responsible for curriculum mapping to experience frustration with a possibly mandatory policy to collect course data and apply it to course development. We’ll discuss how to move forward successfully without getting bogged down in the challenges. We’ll also explore the possibilities beyond course data, how that can be done, and what effect it will have program wide.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Envision a custom curriculum dashboard that encourages continuous improvement
- Consider course-based evidence and other institutional data that can be mapped
- Consider how to evolve a systems approach to mapping in their context
- Understand that internal advocacy is needed to make this a common goal
Here's What We'll Cover
- How to plan and develop a Curriculum Dashboard for institutional (not just course) data reporting
- Making data-driven decisions for continuous improvement at a program level
- How to make changes to the curriculum that will improve the program and create pathways for learning from year 1-4
- Creating an ever-evolving systems approach and getting cross-department buy-in
Who Should Attend
This seminar will benefit:
- Curriculum developers
- Educational developers
- Faculty development staff
- Instructional designers
- Instructional technologists
- eLearning specialists
- Quality assurance and accreditation leadership
- Academic deans
- Department chair
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- A single connection to the live seminar (one connection per purchased registration)
- On-demand access for 1-year after the seminar airs on 04/16/19
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the live seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the seminar is accessed while available. Additional connections for other locations or branch campuses can be purchased for $100 per additional connection. Contact Magna Customer Service at 800-433-0499 to add additional connections for the rebroadcasted seminar.
MAGNA ONLINE SEMINAR PASS
Access 12 Months of Online Seminars
With the purchase of the Magna Online Seminar Pass, you will gain access to all the live seminars within a 12-month period. Covering a variety of relevant topics from academic thought leaders, Magna Online Seminars are incomparable in the way they promote continued staff and faculty development. And now, with a Magna Online Seminar Pass, you can get more of these seminars for less!
The Magna Online Seminar Pass is a sensible and affordable subscription membership that gives you access to every live Magna Online Seminar produced over the course of a 12-month period (minimum of 25 seminars). Purchase a subscription today!
CAMPUS ACCESS LICENSE
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: OC19BD