Title IX Essentials: The Future of Title IX
Wednesday, November 15, 2017 | 2:00 PM Central | 60 Minutes
Take advantage of the early-bird discount. Enroll by 10/31/17 and pay only $247.
During times of uncertainty, it’s important to be proactive rather than reactive to potential policy changes that may affect your campus.
Since the 2016 presidential election, there has been much speculation about the fate of Title IX enforcement, specifically the 2011 and 2015 Title IX guidances.
Updates to Title IX policies have already occurred, and there’s little doubt that they will be altered further. So, what types of changes can you expect and what steps should you take to prepare?
Register today for the Title IX Essentials: The Future of Title IX online seminar, presented by Title IX expert, Peter Lake. You’ll learn what may happen under Title IX this year, next year, and beyond.
Since 2011, there’s been a significant shift from inclusion to an emphasis on preventing sexual harassment and violence on college campuses. Title IX is now embedded in all aspects of collegiate life—students, parents, advocates, and the public expect colleges to address the scourge of sexual harassment, violence, and discrimination on college campuses.
In order to properly follow Title IX guidance, you must stay up-to-date on recent and future changes. In this seminar, you’ll learn:
- How institutions and students will be impacted by recent and future shifts to Title IX enforcement
- If there will be differences in the burden of proof as it relates to Title IX
- How your campus community might react if there are changes to your Title IX grievance process
- How to stay compliant with Title IX changes
While Title IX enforcement policies are likely to shift, the mission to reduce or eliminate barriers to education caused by sex discrimination, and the need to end sexual violence on campuses, will remain.
Make sure you’re properly handling Title IX policy during these times of change.
Upon completion of this seminar, you’ll be able to:
- Articulate changes to Title IX interpretation and enforcement made under the current administration
- Inform your campus constituencies about what changes are likely coming down the road, specifically with regard to “procedural protections”
- Better understand how to implement the Four Corners of Title IX Regulatory Compliance framework on your campus
- Recent changes to Title IX enforcement
- Potential changes to Title IX enforcement
- The Four Corners of Title IX Regulatory Compliance
This seminar is intended for campus staff who work closely with Title IX-related issues, including Title IX coordinators, VPs, student affairs professional, and campus safety personnel.
Stay up-to-date as you continue doing the important work of addressing sexual harassment, violence, and discrimination on your campus. Register today to learn from a Title IX expert about recent changes to Title IX, as well as future changes and how they may impact the enforcement of Title IX on your campus.
Your seminar registration includes the following:
- Downloadable PowerPoint presentations from the speaker
- On-demand access for 30 days after the seminar airs on 11/15/17
- CD recording of the seminar
- Written transcript
- Supplemental materials
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
For the live seminar, you can have as many people participate in the program as you like using the single connection by using a large screen, projector, and speakers.
There is no limit to how many times the live seminar is accessed while available. Additional connections for other locations or branch campuses can be purchased for $100 per additional connection. Contact Magna Customer Service at 800-433-0499 to add additional connections for the rebroadcasted seminar.
Campus Access License
With the purchase of the optional Campus Access License (or Group License when ordering online), registrants may take the contents of the program CD & place the information on to a password-protected network, server, or web site for additional staff use. Without the additional Campus Access License, registrants are limited to viewing the program from the program CD once on-demand access has ended. The Group License option is not for multiple or unlimited staff from an institution to connect & participate in the live online seminar presentation.
Product Code: OC17GA