Should I Take Attendance?
Making Effective Attendance Decisions
When you try to decide about taking attendance you can quickly generate more questions than answers.
- How do you decide on what kind of policy to adopt?
- Should the attendance of your students be a factor in grading?
- And how do you implement taking attendance without creating the perception of having become a truancy officer?
In this Magna 20-Minute Mentor, the presenter helps you make effective attendance decisions that do not result in creating a negative perception of you as a teacher.
After you have participated in Should I Take Attendance?, you will:
- Be able to implement creative ways to take attendance without having an attendance policy
- Understand how to place attendance points in the context of course grading policy
- Be able to examine goals for each course to determine if attendance should be part of a grading policy
During this professional development program, you will:
- Consider key questions you need to address in making decisions about taking attendance
- Explore giving your students a reason to come to class rather than forcing them to attend as a result of draconian attendance policies
- Learn different techniques you can use for taking attendance that won’t be viewed negatively by students
The classroom management program also includes supplemental materials:
- Checklists for attendance benefits
- Questions for reflection
- Techniques to be used
- Recommended resources
Want to explore giving students a reason to come to class rather than forcing them to attend and learn different techniques for taking attendance that won’t be viewed negatively by students, order Should I Take Attendance? now.
Product Code: PM09RA