Can I Safely Send Group Text Messages to Students for Free?
Text messaging may be the world's most powerful
With more than 200,000 texts sent every second, text messaging may be the world’s most powerful communication tool.
Why not make it work for your students?
After all, your students are probably among those sending hundreds of thousands of text messages every hour.
In this pointed and practical Magna 20-Minute Mentor, higher education presenter offers a quick overview of the use of texting in an academic setting, concerns some have expressed about text messaging, and a step-by-step guide to practicing safe texting, especially for online teaching.
After participating in Can I Safely Send Group Text Messages to Students for Free? you’ll be able to:
- Determine whether you want to incorporate texting in your e-learning or face-to-face classes
- Select a group texting option that preserves privacy for you and your students
- Create your own free text messaging account and use it to communicate in face-to-face, blended, or online teaching
Don’t let limited budgets, technical inexperience, or privacy concerns hold you back. The presenter shares information about free, easy-to-use services that keep individuals’ phone numbers blocked.
Reach your students where they live. Text messaging can be an extraordinarily effective way to reach students, and in this seminar you’ll learn how to use it to:
- Remind students about due dates
- Offer helpful hints about assignments
- Share news items related to course material
- Provide links to helpful resources
- Give students encouragement and inspiration
Text messaging is a powerful tool you can use to support students who might be in trouble and also to enrich the educational experience for students ready to make new connections.
Order today, and start finding new ways to connect with your students using technology in the classroom.
Product Code: PM12UA